Monday, November 15, 2010

Motivation

Reasons that I could have just left my weight alone:

1)I have always been a big-boned girl. Some people don't believe there is such a thing but I am proof. I think that even with just my skin and bones that I couldn't be less than a size 10 or 12. I have big hips!
2)If I told you my real weight or pants size you probably wouldn't believe me. I wear it well.
3)My weight could be worse, much worse.

Despite all those excuses that I have been letting myself use these past years, I decided to do something about it. Here's why:

1.
Health: Though my weight hasn't gotten bad enough for a doctor to say anything or for my blood pressure, cholesterol or any other factors to be messed up, I know I was not far from it. I am enjoying my time on Earth. It's not always easy or fun but I am happy with it. And though I have no control over God's timing, I would like to be here as long as He sees fit. I want to be alive when my grandbaby's are here and be able to run and play with them.

2.
Embarassment: I hate wearing swimsuits and shorts and clothes shopping with my friends. I want to be proud of my body (in a very modest and tasteful way, of course). And my best friend is so fashionable and can dress me so well but I get so embarassed that my size is more than twice what hers is that I usually don't even shop with her anymore.

3.
Babies: I have always had two major goals in life: be a teacher and a mom. Well, I'm a teacher so that just leaves one thing. I know that a prenancy will be easier and better if I am at a healthy and manageable weight. I have lots of fears of things like people not knowing I'm pregnant because I have always had a big belly or not being able to feel my baby kick through my thick stomach. Not to mention, I know it will be so much easier to lose baby weight if I started at a healthier weight to begin with.

So, those are the reasons I am working towards a healthier me. I will admit that number 3 was the biggest motivation this time. It seems to be working so far!

3 comments:

danielle said...

Your reasons for wanting to lose weight are realistic. But, I want to mention, as a big girl...when you get pregnant it will be amazing no matter what size you are! True, smaller people probably do feel kicks sooner, but I felt Lexi early enough! And everyone goes through an awkward phase where you don't quite look pregnant, just big. Anyways...just thought I would give my 2 cents! But really...good luck! You can do it!

A Nerd and A Free Spirit said...

i am totally rooting you on Tricia, those are great goals. I think the health reason is so important. We owe it to our loved ones to be as healthy as we can so we can be around for them longer!!

You need to keep us posted on your progress!

~Kathryn

cssolomon said...

You're going to make a good mother ;)