I know I've been gone from this awhile but I have not given up! I kind of slacked over the holidays. (You can see my weigh-ins to the left of this post.) I gained quite a bit over Thanksgiving but lost it the very next week. December had it's ups and downs. BUT I only gained 1 pound through it all and I have already lost it. So, now I am getting back on the horse!
I am incredibly proud of myself for only gaining 1 POUND through Christmas break. Usually it is 10-15 lbs. That in itself is a triumph for me. It shows me that I have learned better habits. While I was not tracking my Points, sorry PointsPlus values, I was able to indulge a little at events, eat well during most of the day and mostly keep on track. YAY! That indulgence included my mother-in-laws AMAZING peanut butter fudge! It is just heavenly. And I promise I ate my own body weight in that stuff!
I started a biggest loser competition at my school. We have 16 people competing. The winner will get our $5 entry fees for a total of $80! Now, that's what I call incentive! We have 8 weeks to lose the weight.
We had a great Christmas! We treated ourselves to more than we should have with a Wii, Jake's new cell phone, my beautiful necklace from Jake and a new coffee table - but hey - you only live once! That's how I'll make myself feel better anyway :)
Saturday, January 1, 2011
I am stealing this from someone else's blog...
10 for 2010
1. I made some great friends at Addams Elementary School.
2. I lost my job at Addams.
3. I started working at The Apple Tree - one of my best decisions ever!
4. I got a job at my new school teaching pre-k again!
5. I taught 3rd grade summer school - definitely a challenge for me.
6. I got my tonsils out - I sleep so much better now.
7. Jake and I decided to begin trying to start our family - trying - it's all in God's hands.
8. I started to help teach 1st grade Sunday School.
9. I decided to join Weight Watchers and work towards a healthier me.
10. I had another family structure change when Christa decided to leave my mom.
11 for 2011
1. I will continue my journey with weight watchers. And start tracking again!
2. I hope that we can start our family this year. - I have no control of this one!
3. Get a dog for my husband.
4. Continue to make our house a home with decor and furniture we like, not hand-me-downs.
5. Work our on a regular basis.
6. Spend more time with my friends and family.
7. Be a better wife, friend, daughter, sister and aunt.
8. Take my husband to a football game.
9. Pay off our credit card.
10. Build up our savings account.
11. Continue to become a great teacher.
Posted by Tricia at 8:26 AM