Friday, November 19, 2010

I am...

A daughter - I have been blessed with wonderful parents. They are not perfect but they love my sister and I very much. I have amazing in-laws who may love me more than their son! :) I have also been blessed to have more people in life that I consider to be parent-figures even though we have no shared DNA. People like Bob and Deb Lipscomb and Marlene Carpenter.

A sister - Not a great one but I love my sister very much. We are very different in all the big ways but deep down we can be surprisingly alike.

An aunt - My nephew is the cutest little thing that ever walked this Earth and he knows it! He is smart and so funny! I am so thankful that God protected him and allowed him to overcome being a preemie.

A teacher - I have wanted to be a teacher since I was very young. It is an amazing feeling to know that I am doing exactly what God designed me to do. I can be lazy and short-tempered sometimes but I really enjoy my career. I am thankful that God gave me such a passion for teaching young children.

A student - I am not in school at this point, though I may someday go for my masters degree. But I try my best to learn something new everyday. Whether that is about children, God, my friends and family, being a wife or just new and interesting things.

A wife - I married my best friend. We laugh and play and just have a good time together (most of the time). We are not perfect spouses but we learn to be better ones on a daily basis.

A friend - I have been lucky to have a lot of friends throughout my lifetime. I have lost touch with a lot of them for one reason or another and I can be insecure when it comes to trying to reconnect with them. I have known great friendships in my 24 years and I hope to continue to make new friends as I grow older.

A cook - I love to cook for my friends and husband. It makes me feel great to get compliments on my cooking. I especially love to bake but I have cut back on that lately.

A mother - No, I don't have kids but I know that I am a mother in my soul. I mother my husband, friends, family (older and younger) and my students. I know that I will someday have children (in God's timing) but until I will just take care of everyone that I can to practice :)

A believer in Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord - I am not perfect and I never will be. I do my best to live my life as I think He would have.

Who are you?

1 comment:

N8svetgirl said...

Ahh, you've been posting again and I missed it! Congrats on the weight loss, stick with it and you'll feel so much better. It's amazing how a little weight can make you feel sluggish. I'm trying to get back on the wagon myself, especially since my cholesterol level has creeped over normal level.

There was an error in this gadget