Friday, August 5, 2011

It's a BOY!

Meet my baby boy...



The ultrasound was very overwhelming. All of the sudden I went from having a baby to having a SON, a little boy whose name is Jackson. (His middle name is still TBD). I'm going to be the mother of stinky boy, who gets dirty and will someday become a teenager. AHHHHH!

They checked his lips, palette, kidneys, heart, and brain. It was amazing to watch it all. His little mouth was moving like crazy. It was like he was talking to us.

But I have a confession...

I was a little bit sad that it was a boy...

I feel like a horrible person for it! I love this little boy so much already but have you seen the selection of boy clothes? It's pathetic compared to all the clothes they have for girls. I was really looking forward to hair bows and dresses.

It is all my fault, really. I felt from the beginning that it was a boy. Everyone told me it was a boy because I wasn't sick and I didn't crave sweet things. But I still held out and was hoping it was a little girl.

But it I have learned anything from this pregnancy, it is that God knows what he is doing. I wanted to be pregnant 9 months earlier than it happened and I wanted a girl. Maybe someday I will know why get gave me a son to be born in December and maybe I won't. Either way, I trust that God has a plan for our family and for our son. I just pray that we do everything possible to keep this little boy on track to fulfill God's plan. Will you pray the same?

1 comment:

cssolomon said...

let me give you the upside of having a little boy...yes there is a bigger selection of girl clothes, but all those clothes cost money honey, lol. With little boys you can dress them relatively cute for so much cheaper. All those bows and dresses are time consuming...and may be fun for a little bit but when you're running late and she wants you to do her hair...see where I'm going? :) Boys are quick! I am so so happy I had a boy. I like being the only female in the house. You are the queen bee ;)