Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lies!

So, in my quest to have a relationship with Dad again, The Enemy is at his usual antics. In the back of my head I can hear things like:
  • This is only going to last a few weeks and then you will quit again, so why even try?
  • You haven't even done the right thing to get back to Dad yet anyway. So why are you wasting your time?
  • But that other book you are reading is so much more interesting.
  • Going to sleep instead of reading the Word would make you feel better.
  • Is learning about Him really going to help you?

Now, I know all of the answers and replies to these things. I know that they aren't true and they are silly tries to bring me down. But I just wish they would go away. My thoughts are that they are proof of how childlike my relationship is at this point. I think that as I continue you in that those will go away. Of course, then his attempts might get worse. But Dad won't give me any more than I can handle!

No comments: