Saturday, April 25, 2009

In His Hands

On Thursday, the Cypress String Quartet from San Francisco invited all the elementary schools to see them play. Jane Addams loaded their 2nd-5th graders onto buses to go. My principal, Sheila Armstrong, sat down behind me and started chatting up with the other teachers and I. She then turns to me and asks if I want an interview for her school. I, of course, say yes. So, she started to interview me right there on the bus! She says she may have a pre-k position opening. That was encouraging.

Today I went to a job fair for Tulsa Public Schools. They had principals from every school there taking resumes and giving short interviews. I went hoping to find a job or get several interviews lined up at least. So, I made my rounds. School after school was not hiring, didn't know what positions were opening up or were having to cut several teachers already. However, lots of them took my resume telling me they always seem to need someone in the summer. Needless to say, it was not very encouraging.

I feel that I have done just about everything I can in order to get myself a job. Now, I am handing it to God. I honestly don't believe that after 16 years of giving me an immense passion and desire to be a teacher, He would put me in any other occupation. I know without a doubt that I am meant to teach young children. I hope He is holding out for the perfect job in a wonderful and supporting school. But there is always the chance He is holding out for the perfect job in a school torn apart from drama and an nonsupporting administration. Either way, I know he has a plan for me. My prayer is that I only get an offer from His perfectly selected school. That way, I don't have to deal with making a decision. I hate decisions!

I JUST WANT A JOB!

No comments: