Friday, September 18, 2009

Wow!

Man, it has been a long time since I actually updated everyone. What have I been up to?

Teaching is going fantastically! Well, most days anyway. Yesterday was a bad day. I had a little girl just have a complete melt down. The other teacher had to take her for awhile just to give me a break. But she had a good day today. I have most of my routine and procedures in place, it is just figuring out what to teach and how. Then what to assess and how. I have learned that it is very easy to just let them play without really helping them learn. I have had to stop myself a few times and remember to put their best interest at heart. I have also learned that this job is not always rewarding but when the thank yous and hugs come, it is all worth it. And, I love to see them trying their hardest and engaged in a learning task.

I joined a bible study last week. It is called Bible Study Foundations (BSF). This is an international, nondenominational group with bible studies in 30 countries, including China, Japan and Uganda. It is a very in depth study. All the groups in the world are all studying the chapter of John this school year. I think it is going to challenge me and I am excited about that!

My house looks like a house! I need to take another picture for you guys. The outside is almost finished. I have walls, plumbing and a fireplace. The further it goes, the more excited I get. I can't wait to move in and make it my own!

I got to go to an OSU game last weekend with my mom. I used to go all the time with old friends of mine. It was nice to be back there. I forgot how much fun it is to be a part of a crowd and cheering for the same goal. It was not fun that it rained and we lost, but still it was a great experience! Not to mention, it was great to spend the day with my mom. I was surprised at how much she knows about football.

That's about all I have to say. I will try to update sooner next time. :)

1 comment:

Jaclyn.... said...

Hey girl. Glad the classroom stuff is becoming more normal. :)

Sounds like an interesting Bible study. How'd you hook up with that group?

I continue to like the updates :) :)